1. The Designers’ Contest is open to individual designers as well as design teams. One designer
may participate in the contest with several collections.
2. Applicants who have created more than 10 collections as an independent designer cannot
3. Collections of both clothing and accessories are welcome.
4. The collection must include 6 to 10 complete looks dating back to no more than 2021.
5. The collection can be presented to only one of the Estonian Fashion Festival’s contests.
6. Application documents:
6.1 SKETCHES AND PHOTOS
– Sketches of the designs must be submitted in A4 format and each look/outfit(6-10) should be
presented on a separate page. No limitations on the techniques used.
– Photos (300 dpi) of at least 1 ready-made look/outfit must be presented. Additional photos of
details can be added.
– Material samples (documents sent via mail) or descriptions/photos of the materials (online
applications) are optional but recommended.
– Only the name of the collections can be on application documents as the contest is anonymous.
– The concept of the collection – name, vision, inspiration, message, technique – must be
presented in A4 format. The maximum number of words used in the description is 500. The
concept will be presented to the contest jury along with other illustrative documents.
6.3 APPLICANT INFORMATION
– All applicants must fill out an online registration form.
– In case the collection is created by a design team, one of the designers must be chosen as a
representative and only his/her contact information must be presented in the registration form.
7. Application documents can be sent via mail or uploaded to the online registration form.
7.1 Application found in Estonian Fashion Festival website.
7.2 Address for sending application documents via post:
Pallas University of Applied Sciences
7.3 Application documents sent via mail will be returned to the applicant upon agreement. All
the return mailing expenses will be covered by the applicant. The applicant can send stamps for
returning documents along with other application documents.
8. Deadline of the contest (both mail and online documents) is 28.02.2022 at 23:59 EET/UTC+2.
The Mood-Performance-Tants team has a right to extend the contest deadline.
9. The Mood-Performance-Tants team will review and assess if the application documents meet
the contest requirements. Applications that meet the requirements will proceed to the judging
process. Applications that do not meet the requirements will be disqualified and the applicant
will be notified.
10. The collections that qualify for the show will be chosen by the Mood-Performance-Tants
10.1 The Mood-Performance-Tants jury and team has a right to forward a collection to another
Estonian Fashion Festival competition if it seems justified concerning the concept of the
11. Collections that qualify for the show will be announced no later than 09.03.2022. The
Mood-Performance-Tants team will contact the qualified designers and the final list of designers
will also appear on the Estonian Fashion Festivals website.
12. All applicants that qualify are required to send or bring their collection to Tartu on 5.06.2022.
13. With each designer the organizing team (Mood-Performance-Tants and Estonian Fashion
Festival) will sign a contract that recognizes and governs the rights and duties of the parties in
the production process of the show.
14. Mood-Performance-Tants and Estonian Fashion Festival team will help designers find
models for the show, if needed. If the designer prefers to find the models himself/herself, he/she
covers the expenses of transporting and accommodating the models.
15. On the day of the show, the Mood-Performance-Tants team will guarantee professional hair
and make-up for the models.
16. The Mood-Performance-Tants show will be directed as an artistic performance production
that corresponds to the vision of the designers, Mood-Performance-Tants team and the director.
Additional information on the Mood-Performance-Tants online fashion show and competition: