Mood-Performance-Tants (MPT) is a fashion show organized by Pallas University of Applied Sciences (Pallas). The MPT fashion show is a part of the Estonian Fashion Festival (Eff) programme and will take place 9 June 2021 in Tartu, Estonia. MPT show combines artistic fashion with elements of performance and dance. MPT is open to young, motivated designers who are interested in presenting their innovative fashion ideas to a wider audience. Participating designers will be chosen by jury in the contest process.
1. The Designers’ Contest is open to individual designers as well as design teams. One designer may participate in the contest with several collections.
1.1 The students of the Pallas University of Applied Sciences, who plan to graduate with a fashion project, can participate the show without entering the contest, but must follow the regulations of the show.
2. Applicants who have created more than 10 collections as an independent designer cannot participate.
3. Collections of both clothing and accessories are welcome.
4. The collection must include 6 to 10 complete looks dating back to no more than 2019.
5. The collection can be presented to only one of the Estonian Fashion Festival’s contests.
6. Application documents:
SKETCHES AND PHOTOS
— Sketches of the designs must be submitted in A4 format and each look/outfit(6-10) should be presented on a separate page. No limitations of the techniques used.
— Photos (300 dpi) of at least 1 ready-made look/outfit must be presented. Additional photos of details can be added.
— Material samples (documents sent via mail) or descriptions/photos of the materials (online applications) are optional but recommended.
— Only the name of the collections can be on application documents as the contest is anonymous.
— The concept of the collection – name, vision, inspiration, message, technique – must be presented on 1 A4 format. The concept will be presented to the contest jury along with other illustrative documents.
— All applicants must fill out online registration form found on Eff homepage fashionfestival.ee.
— In case the collection is created by a design team, one of the designers must be chosen as representative and only his/her contact information must be presented in the registration form.
7. Application documents can be sent via mail or uploaded to the online application form.
7.1 Application documents sent via mail will be returned to the applicant upon agreement. All the return mailing expenses will be covered by the applicant. The applicant can send stamps for returning documents along with other application documents.
8. Deadline of the contest (both mail and online documents) is March 14, 2021 at 23:59 EET/UTC+2. The MPT team has the right to extend the contest deadline.
9. The MPT team will review and assess if the application documents meet the contest regulations. The applications that meet the requirements will proceed to jugging process. Applications that do not meet the requirements will be disqualified and the designer will be notified.
10. The collections that qualify for the show will be chosen by MPT jury.
10.1 The MPT jury and team has a right to forward a collection to another Estonian Fashion Festival competition if it seems justified concerning the concept of the collection and MPT show.
10.2 The MPT jury and team has the right to prefer the collections of Pallas students if it seems justified concerning the concept of the collection and MPT show.
11. Collections that qualify for the show will be announced on the 8 March 2021. The MPT team will contact with the qualified designers and the information will be published on the Eff homepage fashionfestival.ee.
12. All qualified designers must pay the participation fee of 25€ + VAT to MTÜ Eesti Moe Festival EE817700771002954878. Payment deadline is 31 March 2021. In case of refusal the organizing team has the right to remove a designer from the show.
13. All qualified designers must send at least 1 full look from the collection to Tartu for the photoshoot not later than 15 April 2021, unless agreed otherwise. The process of returning the look will be arranged with each designer individually.
14. All qualified designers must bring or send their collection to Tartu for the rehearsals of the show, but not later than 7 June 2021, unless agreed otherwise.
15. With each qualified designer the organizing team (MPT and Eff) will sign a contract that recognizes and governs the rights and duties of the parties in the process of organizing the show.
16. MPT and Eff team will help designers find models for the show, if needed. If the designer prefers to find the models himself/herself, he/she covers the expenses of transportation and accommodation of the models.
17. On the day of the show, MPT team will guarantee professional hair and make-up for the models.
18. The MPT fashion show will be directed as a theatrical production that corresponds to the vision of the designers, MPT team and the director.
19. Address for sending the application documents via mail:
Pallas University of Applied Sciences
Additional information on the MPT fashion show and competition