OmaMood Fashion Show started at the Viljandi Culture Academy of the University of Tartu, it’s based on community movement that values the traditional craft skills and heritage. The aim of the fashion show is to support the development of sustainable fashion and the preserve the local textile production with open the conversation about the concept of heritage and its deeper observation. The show also includes a training program of the same name for the young designers.
Designers whose collections represent the values of sustainable design, and have a strong and recognizable connection to heritage culture, are welcome to participate. OmaMood fashion show is taking place for the ninth time and is part of the Estonian Fashion Festival program.
The OmaMood Fashion Show will take place on 10th of June 2021, at the Estonian National Museum.
1. Individual designers as well as teams of designers may participate. One designer can participate in the competition with several collections.
2. It must be a wearable design, both clothing and accessory collections are welcome.
3. The collection must consist 6 to 12 sets, and must be completed not earlier than in 2020.
4. It is allowed to participate in only one of the fashion show of the Estonian Fashion Festival with the same collection.
5. Participation requires the submission of:
– A4 format description (in English) on the concept of the collection (max. 1000 characters):
Collection title (max 5 words)
Vision, inspiration, message, technique
The written description will represent the designer of the collection in all Eff and OmaMood representation materials, and it will not be changed after the submission of the application form.
– A4 illustrations from the entire collection:
Each set must be formatted on a separate sheet. The presentation technique is free.
Please add numbers of the clothing size to each set. (maximum size can be 40)
– A4 photo of one completed object. If necessary, free-format photos of the details can be added.
It is recommended to attach samples of material (by post / delivery) or a description and photographs (electronically).
– INFORMATION ABOUT THE AUTHORS
The illustrations must indicate the name of the collection. Designs and other documents must not contain any references to the author(s), as the competition is anonymous.
In the case of a team, one of the authors must be chosen as their contact person and their name must be indicated separately. Details of the author(s) must be provided in a separate envelope / file.
The information must include the name of the collection, which is marked on the designs.
6. The deadline for submission of the application is February the 28th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. The OmaMood fashion show team has the right to extend the deadline for submitting designs.
7. From the correctly submitted applications, the designers who choose the show will be selected by the OmaMood fashion show jury.
8. The designers who will be part of the OmaMood Fashion Show 2021 will be announced on March the 8th, 2021. The finalists will be contacted and the final list of designers will also appear on the fashionfestival.ee website.
9. An agreement will be signed with all the chosen designers, which will include the rights and obligations of the parties related to the organization of the OmaMood performance and participation in it.
10. A meeting with all the chosen designers will take place on March the 18th, 2021 at 18:00 via Zoom. Participation of the selected designers is mandatory. Absence is possible only by prior agreement and for a good reason.
11. The author of the collection must guarantee that at least one set of the presented collection will be ready and delivered (sent) to the organizers no later than April the 6th, 2021. The set is used for advertising to the collection author and fashion show. The place and address to which the set will be sent will be confirmed by the organizers. Transport costs are covered by the author of the collection. The set will be returned to the designer by the team after the photo shoot.
12. Illustrations submitted via post will be returned on request within one month of the end of the competition. Any costs related to the return of the design will be covered by the designer (for documents submitted by post, the postage stamps required for return must be included).
13. OmaMood’s fashion show management team provides the models for the fashion show. It is possible for the designers to come to the show with their own models, we kindly ask to inform the organizing team on it as soon as possible (no later than April the 1st, 2021). OmaMood does not pay for the transport or accommodation cost of the models.
14. On the day of the show, the OmaMood fashion show management team will provide the models with a professional make-up and hairstyle. The stylistic whole of the show will be provided by the organization team.
15. The production of the fashion show is organized by the OmaMood team and the artistic director.
16. The OmaMood fashion show jury reserves the right to direct the submitted application to the competition of another fashion show within the Estonian Fashion Festival, if it seems more justified from the concept of the fashion show and designs.
17. A participation fee of 25 € + km is applied to all selected designers. The participation fee must be transferred to the account of MTÜ Eesti Moe Festival EE817700771002954878 no later than March the 31st, 2021. Please include your first and last name or team name of the designer and the fashion show in which you are participating in the explanation. If the participation fee is not received by the deadline, the team of the fashion show has the right to remove the designer from the show.
TÜ Viljandi Kultuuriakadeemia
Additional information about OmaMood fashion show and competition:
+372 53 956 702